KITAS Batam – Work Permit & Visa (KITAS, Notification, Smart Card)
Work Permit and Limited Stay Permit (KITAS) is an immigration status or permit issued to foreigners willing to stay in Indonesia territory for certain period of time (commonly valid for 6 or 12 months) and can be extended if required.
Steps to Register KITAS Batam – Work Permit & Visa (KITAS, notification, Smart Card):
- Approval from Foreign Manpower Utilization Plan (RPTKA) that allows your company to use foreign manpower
- Obtain notification from the Ministry of Manpower that gives you a work permit and pay the DPKK Fund (USD 600 / year or USD 1,200 / year depending on the granted permit period)
- Apply for Limited Stay Visa (VITAS or Telex visa) and Limited Stay Permit (ITAS) to the Immigration
- Convert VITAS into a KITAS upon your arrival in Indonesia with multiple exit re-permit (MERP)
- Obtain Police Report Letter (STM) from the police department
- Register with the local municipality’s population office to obtain a Certificate of Registration for Temporary Resident (SKPPS)
- Submission of Expatriate Remittance Report to the Ministry of Manpower
- Smart Card is an easy way for frequent travellers at the Immigration Check Points, where the card holder doesn’t need to fill in the Disambarkation/Embarkation Card for foreigner, no need to stamp passport, all immigration processes will be done at the Autogates. Batam has Autogates at 8 seaports within Riau islands.
Apply for KITAS Batam – Work Permit & Visa (KITAS, notification, Smart Card):
If you are planning to work in Indonesia or stay in Indonesia legally, you need a limited stay permit (KITAS). KITAS stands for Kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas.
As being the most common type of a permit for foreign residents, it requires an Indonesian sponsorship by an Indonesian company or an organization registered in Indonesia, including a local-owned company (PT), a foreign-owned company (PT PMA), representative office or foundation.
The validity of a work visa in Indonesia ranges from 6 months and 12 months, can be extended 4 times with 6-month or 12-month extensions period. In total, KITAS Batam will be valid for maximum five years and the length of your KITAS will depend on the position, such as:
- For the director or the person who stated in the company documents, they will have 12 months period limited stay permit (KITAS).
- For managerials and below, they usually will have 6 months period limited stay permit (KITAS). However, the managerial can get up to 12 months if they can fulfill the work reference up to 5 years.
Limited Stay Permit (KITAS) can be issued to the following on the list:
1. Foreign Investors (The Company Owners)
2. Foreigners working in Indonesia as Experts
3. Foreigners legally married to Indonesian citizen
4. Children of Foreigners legally married to Indonesian citizen
5. Foreign Researcher
6. Dependents (wife and children) of Limited Stay Permit (KITAS) holder
7. Child of Limited Stay Permit (KITAS) holder born in Indonesian territory
8. Retired Foreign Citizens
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.