Indonesia Construction Certifications

In order to get a Business Entity Certificate (SBU) issued by Indonesia’s Construction Service Development Institute (LPJK), a construction company must pass the process of certification and registration in Indonesia

The Process of Certification for a Construction Company

Dual Language :

Once your joint venture company (PT-PMA or BUJK PMA) is incorporated, you will need to obtain a Business Entity Certificate (SBU) in order to open a foreign construction representative office (BUJKA) in Indonesia. This SBU issued by the National Construction Services Development Board (LPJKN).

The process of certification of construction service business in Indonesia consists of:

  1. Expertise Certificate (Sertifikat Keahlian or SKA),
  2. Registration as a member of construction association, and
  3. Business Entity Certificate (Sertifikat Badan Usaha or SBU).

1. Expertise Certificate (Sertifikat Keahlian/SKA)

Every architects and engineers suppose to have a professional certificate from the Construction Services Development Board (Lembaga Pengembangan Jasa Konstruksi/LPJK). In Indonesia, a construction company shall have at least two professional who must be certified by LPJKN in order to obtain SBU classification with the same qualification. This certificate is called SKA (Sertifikat Keahlian). When a new company is planned to establish, they often have trouble in finding the registered professional and this may took time and cost. We are able to find the professionals without you to hire them. It will cut the registration time and cost immensely.

2. Register as Member of Construction Association

In Indonesia, a foreign construction company (BUJK PMA) or foreign construction representative office (BUJKA) must be a member of one of the construction association which is registered in LPJKN. The construction association which is accredited and registered in LPJKN are: AKI, AKLI, AKLINDO, GAPENSI, Gapeknas, GAPENRI for contractors, INKINDO, PERKINDO for construction consultants and many others.

Sertifikat Badan Usaha (SBU)

3. Business Entity Certificate (Sertifikat Badan Usaha/SBU)

When the SKA has been completed and the company is registered as a member of the association, the Construction Company can apply for its certification and registration in accordance with the classification and qualification that has been choosed in Business Entity Certificate (SBU). For foreign construction company, SBU is given to construction company as a contractor or consultant only with large/big qualifications. SBU is valid for 3 years from the date issued. Changes in classification can only be done after 6 months.

Get a Quote for Certification of Construction Business in Indonesia

Kindly fill in the form below, our consultant will get in touch as soonest.
Alternatively you can call at +62 815 629 0000 or email to [email protected]

Leave this field blank
* Click on box which you require our help.