How to Change Company Financial Year in Indonesia 如何改变印尼的公司财政年度

How to Change Company Financial Year in Indonesia 如何改变印尼的公司财政年度

In Indonesia, all corporation, including foreign-owned Company shall maintain bookkeeping. The common bookkeeping spans from January to December, where at the end of December of each year, the company completes their book entry settlement.

If one day a foreign-owned Company want to amend its financial year from previously January – December into October –  September. The aim of this change is to synchronize its Financial Year with its Parent Company in country origin. Is it possible to apply this change? The answer is “YES”.

According to the Corporate Law, it can be done by amending its Article of Association and request an approval from Indonesia Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM) and Ministry of Law and Human Rights (MoLHR). However, since the change of financial year will give an impact to the Company’s tax burden, the most crucial process is to get the approval from Directorate of Taxation first.

The Directorate of Taxation regulates the amendment of Financial Year through  its Circular Letter Number SE-14/PJ.313/1991 concerning Technical Instruction for Issuance of Approval/Rejection to Application of Amendments to Financial Year.

Based the Taxation Circular Letter, an amendment of Financial Year is permitted as long as the Company meets the following criterias:

  1. The amendments of Financial Year is required by the Company Shareholders, Creditors, Business Partners, Government Authorities or other parties, in which if such amendment is not executed, will cause the company loss;
  2. The application to amend the Financial Year is submitted for the first time, and there are no plans to apply for another amendment in the following years;
  3. No deliberate intent from the company to utilize the amendment of their Financial Year for tax evasion purposes.

Further, the foreign-owned Company also needs to fulfill some requirements, which consist of:

  1. Submitted/reported its latest Annual Tax Return; and
  2. Fulfilled all tax payables.

Once the Company meets the aforementioned requirements, the Directorate of Taxation will issue its approval decree. Please understand that the Directorate General of Taxation has the full authority to accept or reject of the amendments to Financial Year. After getting that approval, the Company should request an approval from the MoHLR by conducting a General Meeting of Shareholders.

Get a Quote to Change Company Financial Year

Kindly fill in the form below, our consultant will get in touch as soonest.
Alternatively you can call at +62 815 629 0000 or email to

Customer Overall

* Click on box which you require our help.

Leave a Reply

Close Menu


WhatsApp chat